01

FIFTY YEAR CAREER

 
Consider that even before I began as a mechanical engineer,  I was motivated to think about automobile safety when my father  introduced me to Joie Chitwood, the man who put on race track thrill shows of daredevil driving.
       Chapters
PREFACE
FIGHTING DRAGONS -WHY ME?
   That part at the top gives a hint
GOING TO GENERAL MOTORS
   The GM Tech Center was the West Point of Detroit.
I WANTED TO KILL MY BOSS
   Sometime anger can get you into trouble
PRODUCT ANALYSIS
  Working with GM legal to defend lawsuits about the Chevrolet CORVAIR
UNIROYAL
   These good guys rescued me from blacklist oblivion
CAL
   That was Cornell Aeronautical Laboratories in those days. Today it is CALSPAN. 
CRASHER CARL
   This is how I earned that license plate 
BIG MONEY
   CAL was number One in the business 
TELEPHONE CALL
   The Nader people made me an offer I couldn't refuse 
FALL OUT
   CAL people did not like THAT association
CONSUMERS UNION
   Dumb to leave these great, but liberal, people 
KRIZMAN 
   This what happened when I got greedy 
WTS AND CFT
    And...this is how I ended helping trial lawyers after fighting them in 1965 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment